Breastfeeding 101 lasts approximately two and a half hours. Discussion and videos cover:
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Preparation for Breastfeeding
- Anatomy and Physiology of Breastfeeding
- How Labor and Delivery affect Breastfeeding
- Early feedings: position and latch
- Frequency and duration of feedings
- “Signs” that baby is getting enough
- Hurdles, where to go for help, resources
- Maternal Nutrition
- Going back to work: Pumping, storing and bottle feeding
- Breastfeeding beyond the first 6 week
$40.00 per single/couple. Includes notes and handouts.
A private Breastfeeding 101 class can be held in the comfort of your own home or in the classroom space at Grow, The Family Boutique. The fee for a private breastfeeding class is $75.00 per single/couple.
3 person sign up minimum. You will receive a full refund if the class is cancelled due to low enrollment.